Tuesday, June 13, 2006


Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family.
Anthony Brandt

What a wonderful weekend it was! The weather was not at all perfect, but that was about the only thing that didn't cooperate. After nine years and the addition of about 11 new family members we were all together under one roof for the weekend. It all started last year at the Huge Meyer family reunion in California. Steve and his siblings decided that it had been much too long since all of us had been together. With his mother having alzheimers, and his dad being 80 this year it was better now than at a funeral. So with some very disorganized planning (putting me and his sister Lori in charge) it came together this weekend. It truly was amazing. You can put together people you haven't seen in 9 years and within hours it's almost like the time melted away. That really is the true meaning of family. Or at least a good one. What was fun was to watch was the younger generations getting acquainted with the new spouses and the great grandchildren playing together like old friends. I really appreciated being a part of this family. My family is not close and I don't even see my brother and sister that often, let alone aunts and uncles and cousins. I've said over the years many times, that I fell in love with Steve and his family simultaneously. Sometimes I think I fell in love with them first.
Now the task of putting together a scrapbook. Amy and I want to have one that includes memories and recipes. Food is a big part of that family. Grandma was a great cook. Anyway, Amy and I bought today a new scrapbook idea book. It has so many wonderful ideas for things that we can put in it that I think this could be a huge project. Thank goodness I made no guarantees on early completion. All those who know me will be surprised if it is completed at all.

It's past my bedtime and the water is still running outside.

No comments: