Thursday, January 17, 2008

Best son in the world or I have a dog why?

I have always thought I have the best kids ever. I hope they know that I think they're terrific everyday. But today qualifies as a give the kid a reward day. Grady (better known as Now What Did You Do dog) had diahrrea today in his crate. Scott not only cleans up Grady's crate but he cleans up Grady and even throws in the blankets and things into the wash. What a kid. Some kids would have just left it for someone else to do. Anyway I do have super dooper kids. I hope they know how much I appreciate them. Not just for things like this but everyday. My hope for my family has always been that we'd be a close knit group and be there for one another. So far so good.
Well the cold has struck. It is supposed to get below zero tonight and into the weekend. Just give me a snow storm and warm it up a little. This cold is awful. I just want to stay in and hibernate. School of course won't let me do that.
I went with Amy and Kyra to Washington High tonight. High school is just looming around the corner for my little Kyra. Seriously where does the time go. I try not to think too hard about it, because it really could be depressing to think that in just four more years she'll be out of high school and figuring out what to do with her life. She's such a great kid, I hope she continues to do well in high school.
It definitely is the winter doldrums. I started knitting again. I almost had one whole sock done when Grady got into my knitting bag. Destroyed the sock. Broke the needles and shredded a $8 skein of yarn. Note to self - do not leave dog unattended. Lesson learned. I just wished I had taken a picture of it. Oh well.
TTFN

No comments: