Thursday, January 31, 2008

One Month Down

January always seems like the longest month. It seems way longer than a month ago that it was Christmas. But here it is the last day of good old January and I wonder where did the time go and wow its February tomorrow. One things for sure this month. It's definitely felt like January. It's been below zero at least a day or two a week all month. Tuesday the temp kept falling all day and the wind blew like a son of a gun. Just one nasty day.
Well Grady is taking to not sleeping at night. He barks and barks. I'm sure he has separation anxiety, but how do you cure it on a dog. I don't want to get into the habit of bringing him upstairs to sleep in our room. I don't think that would solve our not sleeping problem anyway. I guess we just keep our fingers crossed and hope he outgrows it.
I started knitting another pair of socks. I'm down to the foot on one but I haven't knitted in a week. I think a full night of sleep so I could stay up past 8 would be a big help. I ordered new needles from Knitpicks and hopefully they'll come soon. They're made from harmony wood so they should be pretty. And I'm sure they will inspire great knitting.
On the grandkid front, Kyler broke two bones in his hand last week. He was running in the hall to get ready for bed and fell and landed on his hand. That makes for 3 broken bones in the Wolff household and the boys are only 8 and 9(almost 10). Amy and Scott never had a one. Haley's doing a report on Emily Dickinson. I hope she emails me a copy of it. Kyra is having some girlfriends over Saturday night. I think that is a first for her. Kirby's birthday is less than 10 days away. Wow hard to believe he'll be 10.
I'm still reading Pillars of the Earth. I'm over half way done, but man is it along book. Good but long. There again if I could stay awake longer I might make more progress.
Thats it for now.
TTFN

No comments: