Thursday, November 06, 2008

Blizzard Warnings???

Yes that's right. There are blizzard warnings for the western 2/3 of the state. We just have a winter weather advisory here. Gotta love living in South Dakota. Why just Friday. Amy, Wendy and I sat outside handing out Halloween candy. We didn't even need coats. And now they are talking about 32 inches of snow in the Black Hills and 1 to 2 inches here. I don't think I'm ready for winter yet. I remember the first 2 years we were back in South Dakota after living for 3 years in California. Both years 1976 and 1977 we had Veteran's Day blizzards. And if I remember correctly it was terrible weather the rest of the winter. Maybe it only seemed terrible because we had been away from all the cold and snow for 3 years but I do remember there being snow on the ground all winter. We really have had such mild winters lately and especially it seems they haven't started until later in the season that a "normal" South Dakota winter might be really hard to take. But there is nothing we can do about it but enjoy what ever comes our way.

Well election day is over. History was made, the first black President for the US. I loved listening to Whoopi Goldberg on the view yesterday. She put it so well when she said she could now put her suitcase down. Unfortunately I think there is still a portion of this country that doesn't share that feeling. I think Barack Obama will make a great president. All great presidents have been great orators and Barack is one of the best. When it's all said and done it isn't as much about what his policys are as it is about how well he makes us feel as a country. If ever our country needed a great cheerleader it is now. Enough with the politicalness.

I could probably post more but I must get ready for school. Two more days this week and then a 4 day weekend. Yahoo!!!

TTFN

No comments: