Monday, November 03, 2008

Where did October go?


Wow here it is the 3rd of November already! Can it only be 3 short weeks until Thanksgiving and only 53 days until Christmas? And in just 2 short weeks is the Festival of Trees which always starts the holidays for me. The weather has been so nice that it seems surreal that the holidays are so close. Though I have to say my mind is wandering towards Christmas all the time lately.


It was a very quiet weekend here. Saturday I cleaned some and did some computer things. I should put my computer somewhere else so I could get my den cleaned. I come into to clean and next thing I know I'm sitting at the computer. Guess it could be worse. Later in the afternoon Haley called and wanted to know if I wanted to come with them to Looks Meat Market. Of course I would love to go. I don't get to do many things with Wendy and kids because of their busy schedule so I jumped at the chance to hang out with them for awhile. After Looks we hung out here for awhile and then went to Perkins for supper. It was a very pleasant day. Yesterday was about as lazy as a day could get. I should have spent the day outside since it was about 75 degrees. Could be the last one of those we get to enjoy. But alas I spent it in the house doing odds and ends. I finished the back of Will's sweater and started working on the sleeves but realized after a couple of rows that one sleeve had 26 stitches on it and the other had 28. Oops. Ripped it out and will start over today. I'm excited to get it done because I have never made a sweater before. Hopefully it will be one he can wear at least once and not be one that has arms done to the floor or something.

I almost forgot to talk about the Halloween party. Friday was the Halloween party. It was so fun to see all the kids and meet some of Haley's friends and Hannah's friend. Both Scott and Wendy wore costumes. It was just eerie to talk to Scott in his. He had a mask that was just hard to look at it. I think it creeped me out more than it did the kids. And Amy she could hardly even talk to him. I think I took pictures of it but they are still in my camera which Kyra has. I'm not doing a very good job of getting pictures on my blog. Goal for November more pictures and more entries.


Well this is a full week of school, one of the few in November. Next week only 3 days. Yeah!!!!!!!! Tomorrow is election day. I will be glad to have that over with. Maybe we can find out what else is going on in the world after Tuesday. I really want to start dieting again. I know I wasn't going to talk about it anymore but I still do need to get it under control.


Guess I should go get ready for school. I don't have to pack a lunch because we are cooking with the kids today. That's always a challange but fun. I need to clean out my knitting bag a little too.

TTFN

No comments: