Sunday, August 06, 2006

I wish I could say that I've been too busy to blog, but that just wouldn't be the case. I have been busy but definitely not that busy. With just a little over a week left of my summer vacation, I'm feeling like I have to cram a lot into this last week and a half. I always do this. I play most of the summer and then at the end I try to get all the projects that I've had planned for the summer done in the last possible moments. I have no regrets this summer. Oh sure I would have liked to have done more with the house, but I wouldn't have given up all the grandchildren time for anything. Of course if I wasn't such a TV junkie I probably could have done both, played and worked on projects. I am excited that I now have a desk for my laptop and printer. The kitchen table can now be a kitchen table and not a desk. Steve and I can actually have dinner together without looking over the laptop. My den/office is still a huge mess and we still have to move out a bookcase and replace it with a new and larger one. I'll take pictures when it's all done. Of course a smart person would have painted the room first and maybe even refinished the hardwood floors but this tiny room has so much furniture in it that I'm not sure we could even clear it out to do that. My goal for this week is to finish this room and start on reorganizing the pantry in the basement. Good goals but not likely to be finished in one week.

Tomorrow morning I have to go over and stay with Steve's mom while his dad has a colonoscopy. I'm not looking forward to it and I'm not sure why. I love her like she were my own mom but I guess I'm not sure how she is going to react to Steve's dad being gone for 3 hours and I haven't had to be alone with her since she has had Alzheimers. I can handle 30 special needs kids in a room by myself, but one woman in a house has me a little stressed. I need to get over it though. I'm sure there will be many more challenges ahead as we deal with this disease with her. They have to find a cure for Alzheimers there just seems to be more and more people out there with it. I think I'm also a little stressed that Steve's dad is going to be dropped off and have this procedure with no one there with him.

OK blogger is being weird so I going to quit now before it loses my post again.

No comments: