Saturday, August 09, 2008

Farmers Market Time Again

In about 6 short weeks the Farmers Market will come to an end. Amy and I have been going almost every Saturday since school's been out. I don't know what we will do with our Saturday mornings come October. I didn't buy any flowers today but I know I will regret it later. Next week. I bought eggplants, tomatoes, green onions and some zucchinis. I see more ratatouille in my future. I could live on that stuff and probably should.

Did you watch the opening ceremonies for the Olympics last night? If you missed it, you missed something. The pagentry and the special effects were amazing. I wish I could have been there in person, though television does a spectactular job. Even though the marching in of all the countries was a little boring, it was fun to see all the countries and athletes. I hadn't even heard of some of the countries. It truly is an amazing experience when you think about it. All those athletes who spend their lives working to just to get to the Olympics and some of them have no support from their countries. It should inspire all of us.

Well I watch the kids again today and then I think I have a few weeks off. I haven't been a very exciting babysitter these last few weeks. I think it has to do with doing it so much. The kids and I are both getting burned out. Today Amy and I talked about taking the kids to a movie, The Journey to the Center of the Earth. Hopefully the girls want to go. It will help pass the time. Maybe after that we can go to the splash park for awhile with Will. It's supposed to be 87 today so that sounds like a good plan. And then if there are any good Olympics events on this evening maybe we can watch them. When Scott and Amy were young we used to look forward to watching the events together..
Guess I better go and talk to the hubby for awhile.
TTFN

No comments: