Friday, August 01, 2008

Goodbye July, Hello August

I can't believe it's the first of August already. Summer really does just fly by doesn't it. If only January, February and March went as fast. In ten days I will start back to school. I'm ready but I'm not. I wish I were going back thinner. I wish I had done more clutter control. But other than those two things I've had a very nice summer. And even if mentally I don't know if I'm ready to go back. I need to go back. I can see myself becoming more and more of a slug. Not good. Going back and having a routine will be good.
I cleaned my kitchen today. I took out the steam cleaner and cleaned the top of my stove and my cupboards and countertops. I rearranged a few things and that always makes it look better even if it is just moving things around. What I wouldn't give for a bigger kitchen. No matter what I do, my kitchen always looks cluttered. If even one tiny little thing is on the table or laying around it looks like my kitchen is a mess. Unfortunately I like kitchen things and cookbooks. Sooo, my kitchen is always in a state of clutter. I go over to Scott and Wendy's and just drool over the amount of cupboards and counter space. The things I could do with all that space. But alas, the best I can hope for is someday to remodel. Right now my main dream is to have an exhaust fan. From all those years of smoking, whenever I fry or cook something over high heat the fumes and smoke make it so I can hardly breathe.
Poor Amy!!!! Tuesday she started having back pains. She could hardly walk and sitting for any length of time was out of the question. Wednesday she was worse. Thursday we wanted to go out to eat and hit stores downtown. Well we went out to eat at Sanaa's and hit Zandbros. And that was all she wrote. She went home and called the doctor and got in. They gave her 3 meds. This morning her back was somewhat better; she could move easier anyway, but after she took her meds she got nauseated and sick to her stomach. Poor girl. I ended up taking Kyra to her practice and picking her up because Amy didn't think she could drive that far. Hope she's better tomorrow. Kyra has her concert at 4:oo.
Tomorrow is the Farmer's Market again. I don't need much produce but I want to buy some flowers. I've been drooling over the flowers for weeks now but didn't buy any because I didn't have a big enough vase. Amy bought me one earlier this week so now I'm ready. I watch the kids tomorrow from 12-9. Realitively short day. I'll probably take Hannah and maybe Will to Kyra's performance in the afternoon. Haley has a slumber party so it will be just Hannah and Will and I. Not sure what we'll do all day. I should come up with something for Hannah and I to do while Will naps. At the moment I can't think of anything good. Grandma Bakker always does craft things so I don't want to steal her thunder. Maybe I can teach Hannah a card game.
That's about it for tonight.
TTFN

No comments: