Thursday, July 13, 2006

I've decided that Thursday's blog will be diet oriented. I have been going to Weight Watchers since January 30th. I've lost 16 lbs. Not rocket speed. For the last month I've been playing at dieting. I've maintained for the month. One week up down the next. I need to get serious about this. Maybe being accountable to my blog will help. Those people at WW are too nice. Oh you gained a pound. You'll do better next week. If they yelled at me though I'd have quit. So that wouldn't work either. So here are my goals for the next week. And I'm starting tomorrow, not Monday or Wednesday.
1. I'm going to journal everything. If I bite it I write it.
2. 30 minutes of exercise everyday. It may be 10 minutes here and 10 minutes there, but the days total will be 30 minutes.
3. Water Water Water. Less Less Less Diet Coke.
4. I'm going to make a tenative meal plan for the week. I need to practice this for when school starts anyway. It's the only way I'll be successful.
5. I will eat 5-7 servings of fruit and vegetables. 2 servings of dairy. And measure all my food.
Pretty ambitious, but it needs to be done. I've been very lackadaisical about this dieting thing.

Next week for the first time in 6 weeks I don't have to take anyone anywhere. I love being part of my grandchildren's lives, but for a person who is easily distracted when it comes to housecleaning - that and scrapbooking have really raised havoc on my to do list. Let's see what I can accomplish next week. Or what other excuse I can come up with so it doesn't get done.

It is so dry in this state. The only good thing about a drought is that there is no water for mosquitos. We haven't been too plagued by them so far. See there is a silver lining in everything.

No comments: