Thursday, July 20, 2006

Well it's Thursday night diet night! Weigh in didn't go as I had hoped. I stayed the same. Now really what do I have to do to break this pattern? I exercised 3 or 4 days this week. 3o minutes at a good pace. I ate according to the plan. I drank my water. I told the scale lady that maybe my body is taking it slow so my skin can keep up. Personally I rather see the weight go at a little faster clip. O well sooner or later. The one consolation is that I feel soo good and feel so much stronger. I can walk at a good pace without getting out of breath. I even did 3 full sit-ups this week much to my surprise. I am going to go for 15 sit-ups eventually and walking 3 miles a day.

I did something today that I haven't done in about 2o years. I put on a swimsuit and went to a public pool. I took Kyra and Haley and Hannah to the pool. I have said for years to anyone who would listen " Don't let self consciousness keep you from doing things you want or should do". Of course I haven't followed my own advice until now. So back to the pool story. We were there right at one 0'clock when it opened, a few kids and a few young moms were the only ones I see. I'm feeling pretty comfortable with that, so I pull of my t-shirt and take off my shorts revealing my o so not sleek body. I go over and sit on the edge of the pool. So I think "OK I can actually go in the water. " But wait my feet don't touch the floor of the pool. (We're only at the 3 foot end.) So I sit on the edge a little longer working up my confidence. Finally I have to go in. I'm the biggest cheerleader to my granddaughters. I'm always saying, " It'll be ok. You can do it. Don't be afraid.", but here I sit on the edge of the pool. Finally I get in. I'm in the water for about 5 or 10 minutes when I look over to the entrance. Who do I see but a teacher who works in the same building with me. Luck I tell you. If I didn't have this kind of luck I'd have no luck at all. I digress. When she walked by I said hi like I do this all the time and she came and sat next to me and we talked for quite awhile. By the way she didn't get into the pool. The water was too cold for her. Mark one for me. At least I got into the water. So anyway every 50 minutes the pool has a 10 minute rest break and everyone has to get out of the pool. Well if you thought getting into the pool took some thought from me, getting out was equally a mind provoking ordeal. Remember it's been 20 years and a few pounds since I last visited here. I'm sure back then I just hopped up and out. Now at almost 55 I'm thinking this ain't goin happen. OK sure there's a ladder over at the edges, but I'm not sure if the steps are going to be anymore graceful for me. But remember my pep talk. "It'll be ok. You can do it. Don't be afraid." Well damn if that pep talk doesn't work. I went over to the ladder, climbed up as gracefully as you please and got out. Whew!! Now 1o minutes have past and what do you think this new found courageous person does. Why she sits on the edge of the pool for the rest of the time. I say don't push your luck.

Goodnight all with all the fun I had today I think I need to rest.

No comments: