Monday, July 21, 2008

Another Monday

It's another Monday and another attempt at the dieting. You'd think I'd get depressed about this and just quit, but nooooooooooo! If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Sooner or later it has to work right?
Yesterday going to Minneapolis made me remember when we were first married and living in St. Paul. I remember thinking I was fat back then. OK maybe not fat but definitely not comfortable with my body. Remember it was the days of Twiggy. Fit wasn't in but stick straight girls with no boobs or hips were the model. (Life hasn't changed much since then has it?) But here I was about 140 lbs and definitely thin by Steve's family's standards. In fact looking at pictures I was probably only a few pounds overweight even years after I had both kids. I remember when Scott was about 4 or so I was at 130-135 and I sunbathed in the backyard in a bikini. What happened to that person? She's still in there somewhere. And then about 4 or 5 years ago I lost 40 pounds. Oh how I wish I was starting from there. I'm not going to post my weight now. But I am definitely ready for a change. I'm tired of the no energy, blah feeling I have. So many things have been pointing to the fact that I just don't want to be this way anymore. Time to get off my fat ass and do something about it. Just talking about it doesn't make it happen. So hopefully from now on I'll on being posting postive dieting things and not this kind of crap anymore.
I've been thinking about scrapbooking lately and really thinking I need to scrap pictures and stories from my childhood and my kids's childhood. It has really been making me reminisce. I should use this blog to tell stories from my childhood. Unfortunately I think they could be quite long or short depending on my memory. I know Haley likes it when we talk about things that happened from my childhood. She seems to be my one grandchild who is interested in times past. So I should have some glimpses of me when I was young. I would love to have written stories from my mom. I remember some of them that she told me over the years, but to have them written down would be wonderful.
Scott just came over to borrow a lens from me. I am always so amazed how well my dog behaves in front of him. He is like a different dog. I've called Scott the dog whisperer for awhile now, because Grady just does what ever Scott asks him to do. Wish it would work that way for us. Grady seemed to do well yesterday in his crate all day. I was afraid he would be up all night but he wasn't. He did have to go outside at 2:20. He's done that alot lately. Get up at 2:20 to go outside. I don't know what would trigger him or me to wake up at exactly 2:20 each time. One of the mysteries of the universe.
Well I should head over to Amy's and take her the stuff she bought yesterday. Then I need to get some things done before I go to Roosevelt for some training.
TTFN

No comments: