Friday, July 11, 2008

How to beat the summer doldrums? Go shopping!!

Last night after supper Steve and I ran out to Sam's and Walmart. I needed to restock my fruit and veggies. By the way, go early in the day if you want some things. They tend to run out of strawberries and blueberries early. Of course those were two of the things I wanted. So after picking up peppers and limes and some bananas for Amy we wandered over to the computer section, which we do frequently. I've been looking at desktop computers for some time, trying to justify buying one. So of course they have this quad core one that is pretty much what I want and it's way cheaper than the one Steve had seen in an ad. So we get it. Cool. Of course I have to wait to play with it. I need to clean off my desk to make room for it and I'm babysitting the next two days, but that's ok it'll be great fun when it's all set up. Maybe that will get me started back to scrapping. We also bought new phones while we were there. Ours have a couple that the read out is starting to fade even with new batteries so it's probably time to replace them.

After Sams we went to Walmart and I bought my Flip video camera. It''s so cool and for only $50 you just can't beat it. So now I think I'm done for awhile, until the next great thing comes along anyway. I better be done, I've bought a Wii, a computer and video camera, I think that's enough for one week. UNLESS I go to the Humane Society and pick up this guy.
He's just too cute and Grady really does need a playmate. Too bad it's not June 11th instead of July 11th. I just might really have considered it.
I woke up with a sick kind of headache this morning. Don't know what' up with that. Probably has something to do with the weather. It's supposed to be about 95 today and then only the upper 70's tomorrow. My dad always blamed things on the barometric pressure, everything from his cooking to how he was feeling. He might have been on to something.
I think it was 40 years ago today that my mother died. Isn't it terrible that I don't remember the exact date. I have it in a box somewhere, but the actual date really isn't that important anyway. Wow 40 years. I can still remember it so clearly even though the memory of my mom has faded with the years. She would have been 81 this June 27th. She was a terrific lady and I'm sure she would have made a terrific old lady. What amazes me is that I used to dread and get sad this time of year. But God in his wisdom, gave me 3 grandchildren in the month of July, so now instead of always being sad, it is one of my happiest months. I think that is why I want to spend as much time as I can with my grandchildren. I know how fragile life really is and how one day you can be here and the next you're gone. I don't take any of that time for granted or assume that tomorrow will be another day. One of these days I'll post some things I remember about my mom. And I should really to a scrapbook page or two.
Well today is day 5 of my diet. So far so good. I'm a scale jumper. I jump on that scale for any little encouragement. Unfortunately my scale is not moving as fast as I would like. In the past, the first week you usually lose the most, 3-6 pounds has been my experience. Well I had better have a good weekend or I won't make it to the 3. It has moved some but I WANT it to move faster. At least my motivation is still there, which is longer than it's been in awhile. Ok here's what I had to eat yesterday:
Breakfast: oatmeal
Lunch: Lean Cusine meal
Snack: blueberry smoothie
Supper: Chicken marsala and kohlrabi
Snack: Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich
Definitely not enough vegetables but it was a pretty good day and the amazing part was no cravings or hunger.
Must get a few things done this morning before I head over to Scott and Wendy's. Tomorrow is the farmers market. It sounds like there will be more variety in the vegetables finally. Yeah
TTFN

No comments: