Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Smart Boards are too smart!

I went to Smart Board training yesterday afternoon. All I can say is wow! Kids who have one in their classroom and have a teacher who is as enthused as I would be are one lucky set of kids. I likened it to an IPhone only cooler. Luckily our school has more smart boards in our classrooms than any other school in the district. We have incredible principals who are masters at writing grants. I am so excited to have a chance to use and play with this new technology. I hope the teacher I work with will also be as excited. Days like yesterday reinforce why I like what I do. Every year I wonder if it will be the year when I say foo and just be done, but then I meet the kids who are coming the next year and have opportunities like yesterday, and then I know I'm not ready to be done with school. I still get excited for the first day of school. Sure I complain. My job is an incredibly hard job, not just mentally but physically and there are days towards the end of the year that I think I can't do it anymore. But I can't imagine not doing it either.

It looks to be a beautiful day today. I haven't done anything in the house department for quite a few days. Think it might be time. I'm an all or nothing kind of girl and it's been alot of nothing lately. Time to get it back in order. I wish I had a Goodwill dumpster and a landfill dumpster out front in the drive way. I could clear this house out in no time. For now though it's one bag at a time. Luckily I don't have any major disruptions this week, so I should be able to get alot done.

On the news this morning they're talking about the rising prices of food. It's expected to raise 5% this year and another 5% next year. After a trip or two through the grocery store, I think they're going up faster than that. Milk is as expensive or more expensive than gas. 3$ for a head of cauliflower. There are so many families that are just making it. We're starting to see more gas skips at the gas stations and Steve said one guy at work had a big two ton truck. Someone siphoned all the gas out of it. I'm sure there will be more crime related to the economy as time goes on. Personally I don't see how it can get better any time soon. Prices rarely drop and nobody is giving salary increases. Tough times I'm afraid.

So much for the depressing stuff. Must get on to the really depressing stuff-housecleaning.
TTFN

No comments: