Sunday, July 27, 2008

No Internet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go three days without the internet and a person can go through some major withdrawal. I'm the first to admit that I am an internet junkie. If I want to know something, I just jump on the internet and find out. I want to make a recipe I can usually find it out there somewhere and it's so easy to print it out. It's so much easier than going through all my cookbooks. So when all of a sudden I didn't have internet, I was going crazy. Even after the cable guy came and spent 2 hours I still didn't have internet on my 2 computers. Steve had it on his but not on mine. We needed to get a new router. So Friday night we go out with Amy and Kyra. Cameron and the boys went with his dad to Mankato for the Vikings training camp opener, so we took Amy and Kyra shopping and out for supper. So among the things we did we bought a new router or so Steve thought. We came home and Steve goes to hook it up and it's not the right router. Damn! And of course it was too late to go that night. So Saturday we went back and FINALLY got the right one and I have internet. All is right with the world at last.
I must say this has got to be one of the most boring weekends ever. We didn't have to babysit and instead of either getting alot done or doing something fun, we just basically sat around and did nothing. It's like wasting my life away. I had initially planned on getting the laundry room cleaned out. Yesterday I just had no energy. I had been awake since 4 so I don't know if that was it or what. All I know is that this is not how to spend a weekend. Oh well there's always another day.
It has tried to rain all day today. I think the north part of the city might have had some rain and weather, but it has been mostly just cloudy here. Doesn't help my do nothing mood. It has been such a nice summer. Not too hot and rain at just the right time. It will probably be hot hot hot come time for school to start.
I have to go and stand in line tomorrow at the county treasurer's office. They changed the computer system for getting license plates and the lines have been terribly long. I hope if I go first thing in the morning I can get through in only an hour or so instead of 3 or 4 that it has been taking. I wish I had ordered them online at the beginning of the month. Since I am always off during the summer I usually go and stand in line. No big deal, it only would take 10 minutes or so. Well I guess this year I should have listened to the news and mailed or onlined them. It's too bad that my month is the month that they are trying out the new system. You can believe next year I'm going to mail them in early.
Well I should go find something to do. Though why start now I guess.
TTFN

No comments: