Sunday, July 06, 2008

What the heck day is it today?

Yesterday was Sunday all day yesterday. Even though I went to the Farmer's market in the morning-which by the way only happens on SATURDAY-yesterday was definitely Sunday. All day it felt like a Sunday. That must be what happens when you have about 3 Saturdays in a row. Thursday was Haley's birthday, that felt like a Saturday because we stayed late and did fireworks. Friday was the 4th so that definitely felt like Saturday. And then yesterday was really Saturday. Hopefully this coming week isn't quite so confusing. Though it could be. Monday is Kirby's game. Tuesday, Scott and Haley have to go to Minneapolis and I watch Will and Hannah for a couple of hours. Wednesday and Thursday are the last summer singer practices. Wednesday is another concert and Kyler's birthday. Friday Scott and Wendy have a wedding and I babysit. Saturday another wedding and I watch the kids. So it won't be quite as crazy but there will be something going on all week.

My back deck is done!!!!! It even has a new table. There's still alot of landscaping things to do back there but at least we can go and sit out there and have supper out there. We christened it last night with Amy and the kids. Cameron was still stuck in Mitchell and Kirby was bummed because they had made plans with their dad so I thought it might be nice to have supper together. I made teriyaki chicken skewers and bean salsa and Amy brought potato salad. It was very nice. Even Grady acted like a well behaved dog. At least most of the time. One of the reasons I wanted a bigger deck and table is because my house is so small that it's such a pain to have everyone over to eat inside. But now with the new deck and table we can all sit around the table to eat. So bring on the summer entertaining.

When we went to Sams the other day I saw a Flip video camera. Well of course now I want one. So many times I wish I had just a little video of Will and his cuteness or Grady and his craziness. The more I thought about it the more I thought I don't need one that records hours and hours. 30 to 60 minutes would do. I could put them on my computer and then burn a dvd of them. It all makes sense to me, in my head anyway. Amy told us that Walmart has the 30 minute one for $50. Now that makes it a no brainer in my mind. I can throw that baby in my purse and go. So I think today I'm going to go get it. Impulse is good right? And someone has to keep the ecomony from going under right? There I've rationalized that.

I'm not sure what is on the agenda today. I should work outside and do a little laundry. Maybe we'll do a little shopping. Just have a normal quiet Sunday. Sounds nice.
TTFN

No comments: