Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Happy Birthday Kyler


Happy Birthday Ky! 9 years ago we were patiently awaiting you! My grandchildren were about to double. Well it's been a wonderful 9 years. You are quite the kid.
Today I'm back to summer singer's transporting. Only two more days. Yeah! Since I'm such a morning person if I don't get a good start on something in the morning it just doesn't get done. So having 3 days of no mornings, so to speak, I've not got done as much as I had hoped. Well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. After I drop off Haley today I'm going to pick up Amy and the boys and go shopping for Kyler's birthday. I know we'll hit the mall for lunch and maybe a couple of store there. After that I don't know where they want to go. Where ever, it's Kyler's day. He's getting kind of jipped on his birthday this year because the last summer singer concert happens tonight. So he and Kyra celebrated their birthdays together last week, well sorta. It didn't seem much like Ky's birthday then. I didn't get him anything that day waiting for today. I remember most of my birthdays were pretty quiet, quiet laid back affairs too. My mom baked an angel food cake that we had after supper. I only had a couple parties my whole childhood. I wasn't deprived though, I think that's how everyone did it back then. Now it seems people are having these big events for their kids. I think it works well both ways.
That Will is such a character. While he and I were watching tv yesterday I mentioned that he was getting a haircut today. He said, "Yeah, I'm all funky." What a cutie. Hannah and I got to spend some one on one time together yesterday as Haley and her dad drove up to Minneapolis. It was nice to just hang out with Hannah. She practiced walking with her cast and boot. It'll take her awhile to get the hang of it I think. Too bad I didn't have my video camera yet. She'd love that later.
Well guess I should go dry my hair before it gets all "funky".
TTFN

No comments: