Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Quiet Evenings Ahead

Last night was Kirby's last baseball game and quite a game it was. They hadn't won a game all season unfortunately, so they were pitted against the the 2nd best team in a one game elimination tournament. Kirby was the starting pitcher and pitched his first inning beautifully. They only scored one run. The second inning Kirby's pitching was starting to fail, he walked 3, so the coach changed pitchers. Third inning we scored 3 runs and the boys were so excited. They were doing great, holding the other team to only 2 runs. Unfortunately the other team scored 3 more runs and our guys couldn't get any further than 3rd base. So they lost 6-3. But it was one of their better games and now we have to wait until next year to see how much they improve over the year. I know I've said it before, but I am so proud of Kirby and his attitude. I hope he always feels this way about baseball, that it is the joy of the playing the game and not the winning or losing.
I have really got into the lazy days of summer. Other than Kirby's game I didn't even leave the house yesterday. I did all the laundry, dusted and vacuumed and that sort of thing, but as for anything exciting, not so much. I like lots of activity but I also like the quiet do nothing days too. But I can only take so many days of doing nothing. That's why I'm not so sure about retiring. Summer is usually long enough for me with no structure. I start to get a little stir crazy and very lazy about mid July.
I started Weight Watchers online again yesterday. I actually had a perfect day. Now lets see if I can have a whole perfect week. I need to go to the grocery store today and make sure I have good food to eat and then make sure I plan my meals and snacks out. Wish me luck. I want to find that place I was in about 4 years ago when I lost 40 lbs. It still has to be in me somewhere.
On the agenda today is grocery shopping, watching Hannah and Will for a couple of hours and working on my den. Sounds like a good day.
TTFN

No comments: