Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Kachoo, Sniff, Sniff

I think I have a summer cold. Will, on Friday, had a runny nose and often sounded like he had a sore throat. Saturday, he had the snuffles a little, but didn't seem any worse. Well that is about where I am. Sunday I had a scratchy throat. Yesterday, I had the scratchy throat and my nose was a little runny. It's just an annoyance. The worst is sleeping with a dry mouth and a stuffed up nose. Today I'm about the same as yesterday. I hope this is all that I get. I have things I want to do yet.

This economy thing is getting very scary. A huge bank in California has failed. People were standing in line to get their money out. So reminiscent of the Great Depression. GM is hanging by a thread. Big companies are being bought by foreign investors. It's some pretty serious stuff. Sioux Falls is pretty insulated at the moment, but I don't know how long that will last. I think things can only get worse. It might be time to batten down the hatches and conserve.

I spent a good chunk of yesterday trying to get my new computer set up. I think poor Amy was about to take her phone off the hook. I was trying to install Photoshop. A simple thing right? No, No! I must have installed and uninstalled that baby 3 times before I got it to work. Not to mention that I called Amy about every 5 minutes there for awhile. Vista isn't exactly the most user friendly system I guess. At least I can scrapbook(if the mood ever hits).

I need to finish cleaning my den. I had started it about a week ago. Then we bought my new computer and we had to trash the place out, or so it seemed. The problem is, it is such a small room with so much packed into it. And most of that stuff is my favorite stuff, so it's not so easy to just get rid of it. Other than that I don't have too much on the old agenda today. Just the usual stuff. It's supposed to be hot and humid today so it will be a good day to stay in and work.
TTFN

No comments: