Wednesday, June 18, 2008

2 Months from today

That's right! It's only 2 months from today when school will start again. Why is it the last 2 months of summer vacation goes so much faster than the first month? Maybe because no matter how hard I try not to think about it, in these last couple of months, in the back of my mind is the little thought that time is running out. That little thought is not there that first month. So lets see, have I accomplished what I thought I would so far. Uh,well I do have 2 months left you know. I should try and do one exciting thing so I have something to talk about when we go back. Because, you know, no matter what your age, people always ask "What did YOU do on your summer vacation?" Now I really like my do nothing summers. I have no burning desire to travel or spend days at a lake. My joy comes from seeing my grandchildren on an almost daily basis. Everyday I'm so reminded how fast they are growing up. That in a few short years, they'll be complaining, " Do we have to go see Grandma?" or " But mom I have plans". So I for now this is exactly the summer vacation I want. It's just not that exciting to tell about. But back to the accomplishing things. Man I'm just so not good at that. Over the years I've become the queen of procrastinators. You see I still have 2 months left to get everything accomplished. Oh well and there's always next summer too.

Yesterday was another beautiful day. After all that complaining, the weather has finally given us a reason to celebrate. I am just so grateful that I live here in South Dakota these days. We have been spared when it comes to the wrath of Mother Nature. All the tornadoes and now the flooding in Iowa. I just can't imagine what it would be like to lose your home and in some cases your job. My prayers go out to those people. Makes my complaining about not accomplishing enough a little lame doesn't it.

So what did I do yesterday. Transported kids to and from summer singers. Planted some plants. Went to the grocery store. Went with Amy to a Farmers Market and Barnes and Nobles. Cooked supper. Did some laundry. Read a little. Steve tore apart the deck in back. We're replacing it with a much bigger one. Hopefully it doesn't take too long, I would like to enjoy it this summer. Amy and the kids walked over in the evening. They had walked to Lexi's game and then here. I had mentioned to Amy awhile back that she needs to bring the kid over more so Grady doesn't go beserk when people come. I'm afraid that he just loves kids so much that I don't know if he'll ever calm down when people come over. Especially if they have kids. Amy is working on eating healthier. She's into this raw food thing. It has to be better than eating a bunch of packaged foods with chemicals and preservatives. Maybe she can inspire me to lose weight.

Well I've wasted enough of my morning writing. Better get to accomplishing something.
TTFN

No comments: