Saturday, June 07, 2008

Rain, Rain Take a Break


I'm beginning to think I should title this a weather blog. Yesterday was a dry day. The wind blew and things started to dry out. Steve and half the city of Sioux Falls mowed their lawns. The percentages of the chance to get rain for the weekend were only 30 t0 40 percent. Things were looking up. BUT!!! What did I wake up to about 4 or 5 this morning (maybe earlier) but the sound of rain drops hitting my windows. Another day of dog feet wiping. Believe me he's no crazier about that than I am. He sits really nice for the front feet but those backfeet are like tickling a little kid. It just makes him crazy.
I was hoping to get outside today and get some yard work done. I still have flower beds that need weeding and those 12 bags of mulch still need to be put down. I want to get some flowers for some pots and I need to buy impatiens for my birdbath area. I think I'll go buy flowers today even if I don't get them planted. It is already late to me for buying flowers and I'm sure the selection is getting limited. Steve is off for the next two weeks and it would be nice to get all the yard projects done this year. But if the weather doesn't cooperate, we have plenty of indoor things to do. I should blog a list of all the things I'd like to see get done around here. I'm just afraid if I see it in print it might be just a little overwhelming.

I babysat yesterday. It was a pretty slack day. The girls played outside for most of the afternoon and after Will woke up he went out and played too. We had a mishmash for supper which was easy and then they watched some tv. Grandpa came over and played with Will and Hannah for awhile. They had the best time covering him up with stuffed animals. They'd cover him up and then he would throw off the animals and they would laugh and laugh. Getting Will to laugh like that is such a treat. He can be quite the serious little boy. And then it was bed time. I was glad I had brought my laptop. I did some digi shopping. TLP is having a sale. Can't resist a sale. I even worked on scrapping. I just can't get into the swing of it though and I tell myself not to buy anymore stuff until I get a few things done. Of course that doesn't always work, but I have held back quite a bit. I have lots of ideas for albums, but not so many for the pages that go into them. I think I need to work with Amy for awhile. Maybe next week we could have a scrap day. I also need a day with my son and have him give me some lessons on lightroom and maybe photoshop. Both of my kids are amazingly talented.
Well I should go and make some coffee, fold a load of laundry and wait for Amy to call. She and I talked about going to the Farmers Market today. We don't get many Saturdays where we can do that.
TTFN

No comments: