Friday, June 06, 2008

Weather






Yesterdays weather was all anyone talked about and was all the news. The day started cool and cloudy. By noon when I picked Haley up from summer singers, the sky had darkened and started to lightning some. Since it's quite a trek from summer singers to Haley's house I was worried we were going to get caught in a downpour. Luckily we both made it home before the sky let loose. It rained all afternoon. Sometimes it came down hard and sometimes it was just a sprinkle. When Steve came home at 4:30 it had warmed up and threatened to let the sun shine. They put us in the tornado watch. We decided to go check the falls and see what the weather had done to the falls. They were amazing of course. All that water, the power. By the time we got home about 8 they issuing warnings and KELO was in their continuous coverage mode. From watching the radars I figured we wouldn't get anything but there were warnings for the northwest part of the city. I did go out on my front deck and take pictures of the clouds. I apologize that they are so dark but the sky was so dark and it made everything look like night. I wanted more of the clouds anyway. I may play around with them in Lightroom later.



Well today I need to clean up my house. I've spent the last few days reading and my house is starting to look neglected. This afternoon I go babysit until 10 or 10:30. The good news is that I don't have to babysit tomorrow. A Saturday at home. Yeah! I hope maybe I can get to the Farmers Market and breadsmith. And maybe it will be half way decent and we can get some yard work done. It'll definitely be easy to pull weeds. And believe me there are weeds.

Not much else to write about today. The weather was the main event of the day yesterday. With this spring, that's about all anyone talks about.
TTFN

No comments: